• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

$39 7" Android Tablet

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I bought one of those cheap android tablets and it was a pain to deal with. go buy a used xoom wifi on ebay. I've been using one as my home tablet for 3 years now. :thup2:

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I bought one of those cheap android tablets and it was a pain to deal with. go buy a used xoom wifi on ebay. I've been using one as my home tablet for 3 years now. :thup2:
Agree. I bought a cheapie and it was terrible.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I gave it to someone here who wanted it to mess with. The xoom wifi was just recently taken off the update list, but has strong internals, good memory and easily rootable. It's heavy, but more durable. I leave it on the coffee table to check email and control the google chromecast and watch recorded shows from droidtv when traveling. :thup2:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Does Chromecast work with driodtv?
not yet, but google opened the api up, so the droidtv are going to get it working. droidtv was removed from the play store and is only on amazon's store now. It is well worth the $30 a year because it records all of the shows from the cable channels.

I haven't tried the Allcast streaming app yet, but it is supposed to stream any media from the device to the chromecast.

Link

Amazon.com DroidTV - Free Trial Appstore for Android

some good comments on running the app to your tv

AllCast Android mirroring on Chromecast demoed in videos | BGR

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The Coby tablet came today. I have to say for $39 this tablet is surprisingly good. Screen quality is better than I thought, had no problems playing a 3D tennis game I test installed- displays JUOT without issue on the built in browser- it's probably damn well adequate for most people. Doesn't feel as solid as a Nexus 7 but for one eighth the price so what.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
The Coby tablet came today. I have to say for $39 this tablet is surprisingly good. Screen quality is better than I thought, had no problems playing a 3D tennis game I test installed- displays JUOT without issue on the built in browser- it's probably damn well adequate for most people. Doesn't feel as solid as a Nexus 7 but for one eighth the price so what.
run youtube and netflis yet?