• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Best Replacement Seats for TJ

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
TJ driver's seat is completely shot. Junkyard prices are close to prices I see in Jeep catalogs. What is a good replacement seat for the TJ? They must recline and the passenger side must retain the ability to fold forward for access to the rear seats.

Color should be grey, dark grey, or black.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Mastercraft by far

Get the folding ones they have now.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Mastercraft by far

I'm not spending $1300 to replace the seats in the 1997 TJ with 255k miles...... $500 is about as far as I want to go. Still needs a top, paint job, and I still want to rebuild the original engine.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
why not buy some that someone has taken out of thier Jeep on eBay...
I'm on my second set of factory seats. I'm tired of wearing them out and I don't want to start over with used seats again. I'm also not going to pay $200 each for used seats.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Mastercraft by far

Matercraft is now making a cheaper seat made offshore to compete with the other imitation suspension seats. I'm buying a set for the YJ. i used to think suspension seats were overpriced bullshit until riding in them all day and wasn't beat up like I would have been in stock seats :bunnydance:

$199 retail each.

Nomad

Last edited:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Matercraft is now making a cheaper seat made offshore to compete with the other imitation suspension seats. I'm buying a set for the YJ. i used to think suspension seats were overpriced bullshit until riding in them all day and wasn't beat up like I would have been in stock seats :bunnydance:

$199 retail each.

Nomad

but he thinks he needs to recline

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
I bought junkyard seats from a Mazda car for my 87 Wrangler. Had to make brackets of course, but worked okay. Worked even better when I replaced them with seats from an 87 Toyota Hilux pickup with the SR5 interior. Very very nice seats, but had to make brackets again.