• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Cabinets Installed, primer on the ceiling/walls

ccsp [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
I don't like how the center of the ceiling just quits.

Thats what I dont get. Its like my eyes are playing tricks on me. Why not take the flat plane all the way across the room? WTF??

ccsp [JU]

Archived
ericdag said:
why so many recessed lights? you really don't need 600+ watts of lighting to light up a 20x20 room. your ceiling looks like the runway at laguardia.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Post it in the Gay Jhey forum. All those lights will excite them!!11

Hedley Lamarr said:
I would have thought you would go with something a bit more contemporary. Looks ok, just not what I was expecting.
:werd: I was expecting black with brushed nickle accents or something like that. The moss green countertops should look pretty good with those cabinets though. What color are the appliances going to be?

What I realized was, no kitchen available was me at all. Nothing "spoke to me"... So I just figured I'd get something.

$20K was the cost of everything... cabinets, countertops. appliances, and floor. Actually $22K in the end.

Countertops they are measuring for on Saturday... It's Courian... the "design" is "burnt amber" - basically a dark brown, but it's a "textured" color, not a solid color.

The ceiling is one of the things I like best... the little triangle thing where the flat part ends is different, I admit, but I like it- and in person its not nearly as big as it looks in the picture. A ceiling fan hanging from there is going to take away from that area anyway.

The highhats are there, if needed. I don't need to run them all at once.
There are 10 of them in the living room area... 6 in the kitchen, 2 under the front window. Most of the time they will all be off anyway as the center ceiling fan will provide enough light for the whole room for my needs.

99XJ [JU]

Archived
chronos said:
Man, with all the choices out there, why pick oak with raised panels? I guess it looks ok, but they already look outdated!
AZJ's house was built in the mid 80s, and he has the SAME CABINETS. Hell, he's looking to update, and could have cut *** a deal.

99XJ said:
AZJ's house was built in the mid 80s, and he has the SAME CABINETS. Hell, he's looking to update, and could have cut *** a deal.
:agree: Im so lost as to why his and mine are about the same and my house was built in 86 and he just had those installed.
J

99XJ said:

no shiat. the cabinents I just ripped out of my kitchen look just like the ones Blob paid $22K for.

99XJ [JU]

Archived
********** said:
What I realized was, no kitchen available was me at all. Nothing "spoke to me"... So I just figured I'd get something.

$20K was the cost of everything... cabinets, countertops. appliances, and floor. Actually $22K in the end.

Countertops they are measuring for on Saturday... It's Courian... the "design" is "burnt amber" - basically a dark brown, but it's a "textured" color, not a solid color.

The ceiling is one of the things I like best... the little triangle thing where the flat part ends is different, I admit, but I like it- and in person its not nearly as big as it looks in the picture. A ceiling fan hanging from there is going to take away from that area anyway.

The highhats are there, if needed. I don't need to run them all at once.
There are 10 of them in the living room area... 6 in the kitchen, 2 under the front window. Most of the time they will all be off anyway as the center ceiling fan will provide enough light for the whole room for my needs.
Who buys an 800K house, to do a homedepot 22K kitchen "remodel" on it. $50K would have been more appropriate, and actual QUALITY MATERIALS AND APPLIANCES!!!

ArizonaJeeper said:
Leon...look at my post from 7p last night....those are ours now that I have been talking about.
J

my house is 80's.....your house is 80's.....yet Blob just did a remodel and went with 80's cabinets?