• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Cabinets Installed, primer on the ceiling/walls

CJ5 [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
I would have thought you would go with something a bit more contemporary. Looks ok, just not what I was expecting.
x2....but looks nice. The half wall all the way around still bothers me some but the finished product may overcome that. It does look good Joe :thup2:

Jeepnut28 said:
he spent $22K on 80's cabinets........Oman wants to spend $44K on a $22K car..........WTF is wrong with people in this place?
Leon I have no idea. Youth is one thing they could blame it on...I dont buy it since most here will let them know their idea sucks ;)
J

The counter tops are the burnt amber pictured. They are to be measured Saturday.

What type of cabinets did you guys expect? Some fancy smancy fad cabinets that 5 or 10 years from now will look as ridiculous as the pink paint in my closets? Those cabinets will always be an acceptable style. Plus they'll last forever.

And once again the cabinets themselves were $8,000, not 22K.

********** said:
The counter tops are the burnt amber pictured. They are to be measured Saturday.

What type of cabinets did you guys expect? Some fancy smancy fad cabinets that 5 or 10 years from now will look as ridiculous as the pink paint in my closets? Those cabinets will always be an acceptable style. Plus they'll last forever.

8K FOR THOSE? SOB.
J

Hedley Lamarr said:
I bet they were just torn out of the last kitchen the workers did.

fawk. just go and get them out of my garage. hell I dont even like the way they look in my garage for cheap storage so I was thinking of painting them

********** said:

Why replace dated with dated?

99XJ [JU]

Archived
********** said:
What type of cabinets did you guys expect? Some fancy smancy fad cabinets that 5 or 10 years from now will look as ridiculous as the pink paint in my closets?
The mere fact that your "remodel" can be linked to the 80s just from those cabinets alone proves that you picked a dated design.

Those cabinets will always be an acceptable style. Plus they'll last forever..
THEY AREN'T ACCEPTABLE IN LEON'S 170K home, and they sure as hell aren't acceptable in an 800K home.

Zr2Chad [JU]

Archived
$8K? DAMN.

I'd post up some pics of my cabinets ($1600), but apparently my webserver just went down. I'll post 'em up tonight.

***, next time, COME TO ME FOR MATERIALS. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER TO HAVE NEW ONES SHIPPED TO YOU THAN WHAT YOU PAID.

Of course, if I was *** Rich, I probably wouldn't sweat it.

Nevermind.... Only pic I had though....

To make up for it, here's a sunset from the living room.

Zr2Chad [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
Remind me not to eat off your plates.
That cabinet used to stick which would keep it from shutting unless you forcefully shut it.

It's fixed now, and all the dishes have been cleaned.

:beerchug:

Kordax [JU]

Archived
ArizonaJeeper said:
:laugh: Hope he likes his neighbors..hell they are almost roommates.

He did do some ok work....wait...that is too good...I havent followed this house stuff...BUT he could NOT have done that right?
J
This is the guy who asked how to paint cabinets.