• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The USA should take over Canada up to the 49th Parallel

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
why would we want to?
Because it just makes sense. Wouldn't it be better if Canada and the US were united with wide open boarders, the ability to work in either place without red tape, sharing of resources, etc. I think it would be a win win.

neevo

Limey Hippo
A win for America. You'd double the size of your country with a small increase in population. You would gain all the oil and mining resources as well as have a border on the Arctic and hence have a claim on it's resources too

Canada would lose out, free healthcare would end for a start

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
A win for America. You'd double the size of your country with a small increase in population. You would gain all the oil and mining resources as well as have a border on the Arctic and hence have a claim on it's resources too
we don't already have a border on the arctic? :puzzled:

Buffalo hospitals are still full of Canadians :shush: and I'm sure they would like the fact that you can get tests done the next day, not 6 months from now

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP

You seem like a smart fella but you know very little about N. America.

neevo

Limey Hippo
we don't already have a border on the arctic? :puzzled:

Buffalo hospitals are still full of Canadians :shush: and I'm sure they would like the fact that you can get tests done the next day, not 6 months from now
Doh, I always forget about that ex-russian land :banghead:
Canukia would give you a bigger border and more of a claim.

I dont think most Canuks would like having to pay for med insurance and have an accountant decide on what tests etc they can have instead of a doctor

neevo

Limey Hippo
You seem like a smart fella but you know very little about N. America.
I know enough to pass that immigration test posted recently - without study! Sometimes, on here, I think I know more about your place than some of you do :beerchug:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP

I dont think most Canuks would like having to pay for med insurance and have an accountant decide on what tests etc they can have instead of a doctor
Again you know nothing. Every single person in this country is covered better than any Canadian. Put down your I hate the US manual they give you guys and learn some facts.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist

Government accountants decide what tests they are allowed when already :puzzled: My doc decides what tests I am to have, the insurance may have some say in where (still can go out of network if I wish), so basically you have it ass backwards

neevo

Limey Hippo
But a person is only covered if they pay for their own health insurance. Lose a job and you are screwed. It's not the same with public health care, if you are searching for work you are still covered

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
But a person is only covered if they pay for their own health insurance. Lose a job and you are screwed. It's not the same with public health care, if you are searching for work you are still covered
better to have it that way than screwed because you have to wait 6 months for tests

MJM

Sweet, terrible freedom
Because it just makes sense. Wouldn't it be better if Canada and the US were united with wide open boarders, the ability to work in either place without red tape, sharing of resources, etc. I think it would be a win win.
WRONG

Again you know nothing. Every single person in this country is covered better than any Canadian. Put down your I hate the US manual they give you guys and learn some facts.
WRONG

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
WRONG

WRONG
It's a known fact that you HC system sucks. Pull your head out the sand.

Also do some research on natural resources. You're country fawking squanders land like crazy. You really need our system to keep you from shitting in your own cheerios. Also there is a shit ton of Canucks that choose to live and work here. I can think of a half dozen that I know personally and just like you even though they live here they never have a good thing to say about it. That just shows your general assholeness and ignorance but we humor you most of the time.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Here is what they do to their land too.

Soo Canada to the north, looks like the surface of the moon. Soo, Michigan to the south.

mcatdtJEEP

Would it make sense to unite both countries.... probably

Does that mean most Canukians want it.... hell no.

it's a national pride thing. While it could be argued and make some sense, it would never pass if Canada were to become American. I'm sure they would have less problems assimilating America.... but that's the issue.... neither country would want to become part of the other.....

MJM

Sweet, terrible freedom
It's a known fact that you HC system sucks. Pull your head out the sand.

Also do some research on natural resources. You're country fawking squanders land like crazy. You really need our system to keep you from shitting in your own cheerios. Also there is a shit ton of Canucks that choose to live and work here. I can think of a half dozen that I know personally and just like you even though they live here they never have a good thing to say about it. That just shows your general assholeness and ignorance but we humor you most of the time.
Get your head out of Ass, moron. Your system sucks.

Medical problems caused 62% of all personal bankruptcies filed in the U.S. in 2007, according to a study by Harvard researchers. And in a finding that surprised even the researchers, 78% of those filers had medical insurance at the start of their illness, including 60.3% who had private coverage, not Medicare or Medicaid.
Study Links Medical Costs and Personal Bankruptcy - BusinessWeek