• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

gluing diamond plate to painted drywall

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
To really get industrial, install the panels with lag bolts into the studs. Of course, that means some edges gear could get caught on, but that ain't your problem. :)
He could use carriage bolts, and just go over to his neighbor's side to install the nuts and washers. ;)

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
pic of area to be covered? If done right, it could look pretty cool with the amps and boards you have.

Ralph

VIP
if the panel is resting on the floor then it's permanently supported...
I was thinking about tipping out from the top. Dunno if he's gonna use a chair rail. Oh... and
NOT Recommended For:

exterior use or uses other than mirror installations and applying to wallpapered surfaces, foamboard or treated wood.

Last edited:

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
3M 5200 is some damned strong stuff. I imagine it would work with diamond plate to sheet rock, but you can get a small tube to test and be sure.

Yellowdog

i think i'm leaning toward sinkers and screws..gotta find where i got aluminum screws last time when i did stuff on my heep...so no dissimilar metals

Ralph

VIP
Use stainless screws. Much easier to find and a helluva lot easier to put in. You won't need any anchors if you hit the studs.