• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

gluing diamond plate to painted drywall

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
Use stainless screws. Much easier to find and a helluva lot easier to put in. You won't need any anchors if you hit the studs.
X2 Aluminum screws are weak. Use stainless with finishing washers.

I would just stick them on with regular duty Liquid Nails, the HD stuff is thicker.

Ralph

VIP
Use stainless with finishing washers.
I'd probably just use an oval head screw, the hell with the finishing washers - they'll mostly countersink themselves in aluminum when you tighten them down. HD had these in SS last time I looked.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I'd probably just use an oval head screw, the hell with the finishing washers - they'll mostly countersink themselves in aluminum when you tighten them down. HD had these in SS last time I looked.

I think those would look good in a nice stainless steel finishing washer.

They might not seat flush on the raised diamond pattern though.

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
The problem with screwing is that measuring for the holes will have to be fairly precise, since the alum. panels will be tiled, off by a bit and it will be noticeable.

I would use adhesive alone, fawk screws.

He is screwing into anchors, not going to be THAT tight.

Countersunk flat heads FTW, or finish washer if screws are needed.

mud-man

WOLVERINES!!
VIP
UMMM I would Glue it to OSB or something then screw it to the wall for easy removal should you not like the look or you want to seel your place one day. Replacing all the drywall would be one big Pain in the ass.